Read time 5 minutes
We, the users, are so-called “Delegators”, which have Voting Power. Remember every single person holding ATOMs has this sort of Power. You may yourself wonder how this benefits the Cosmos ecosystem and this can be answered with a simple word. Decentralisation. This is key to the underlying technology, Blockchain. When Delegating you will have to choose a Validator that has, according to the total amount of delegated ATOMss, Voting power in the ecosystem. Hence this distributes the power such Validators have and not give the whole power to one entity.
You may wonder why you earn ATOMss when delegating. This is very simple. When you delegate you are validating transactions and creating new blocks. Hence you get rewarded for helping the ecosystem. If you have further questions regarding delegation join our Discord chat and ask your questions!
This guide is for existing AirGap users only. If you are new to the Crypto space check out our AirGap setup guide.
When delegating your ATOMs there are two approaches with AirGap. One being the Same device approach, which will be explained down below, and one will be the Same device approach which can be found here.
The Same device approach will be explained down below.
For this approach have the following ready.
online phone, on which you have the AirGap Wallet and AirGap Vault installed.
SET UP TRANSACTION
- Unlock your Device and head to your AirGap Wallet (Image 1)
- Select Accounts and then chose your Atom account (Image 2)
- You will now see a button saying delegation, hit that and you’re almost there! (Image 3)
4. If you have done all right you should be on the validator detail page, if not repeat steps 1–3
5. Check the validator details and subsequently hit delegate
6. Now you will have the option to sign the transaction on the same device or with your offline device. If you have an Offline device setup check this guide (Link) for more info! Else proceed with the Same Device option. NOTE: You will be prompted to insert your device’s password (Biometrics, Pattern, Code)
7. Sign your transaction
8. Hit Confirm and start earning when baking!
9.If you are interested in checking your transaction open the block explorer!
Information: We are planning to add Etherum delegation once it’s released. Sign up to our newsletter to never miss a delegation!